Skip to main content

Insecurity?

I have this friend, a very insecure person herself and i want to dedicate this post to her. Yes you.

Well lets divulge into the meaning of insecurity. 

Insecurity is a matter of self-esteem that is projected from other people. By projected by other people, i mean it's the value of judgment you perceive from others. I would be stupid to just tell you, feel good about yourself, because that's practically addressing the problem with the problem. 

You can't simply change this. If words could help people change their thinking, well that would be a terrible world. All i can do is give you some advice for insecurity. Ahem. People always think poorly of each other sometimes. People judge more than they breathe. It's a sad world but it's just human instinct. You will run into someone who will think your a terrible person for some reason, and it's something you can't help. Now what distinguishes insults to insecurity is the person's self belief about themselves. If i am called a retard, i could care less. If i am called a retard and i know i suffer from extreme dyslexia and my grades hold me back leaving me disappointed in myself and thinking my future is destroyed, it'll hurt a bit more. It's even worst sometimes because i imagine it myself and the culprit that insults me is myself. It's the brains unhealthy way of judging yourself to try to make it better, but in the end it just screws it over and leaves the victim with anxiety and social problems. 

So how do you fix this? Logically you attack the source, where the insecurity is coming from. Actually let me take back attack, mending is a better word.

Now if we are talking about self esteem, make a nice list of thing you are and are not. Once you're done, find the things you are not and ask yourself if it's something that can be controlled or is out of your reach. Be rational now. Once you make that third section, it becomes your judgment towards yourself. Realize and keep in mind that your goal is to solidify your esteem, so if you think you are judging yourself too hard, fill out the section of good things you are. The goal is to make a list you feel good about. If you think you have a heavy list of things you could change, start changing. I'm not talking about weight or appearance, I'm talking about capabilities and what could make you an incredible person. One solid way of raising your self esteem is to do things that you can be proud of yourself like a hobby or some sort of accomplishment you've always wanted to do. The literal goal is to have a list that is not too heavy on one side. If your heavy on good things, you're a self centered. If you're heavy on crappy things, ask yourself why you hurt yourself like so and ask yourself to look after yourself better, and if your heavy on things you could change, start changing little things to shrink that section. I know this sounds really cliche, but stop worrying! It won't do you any good.
Heads up princess, your crowns falling off :)

Comments

  1. Aw, that is so sweet of you. Your friend is so lucky to have such a wonderful friend like you :')

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

A comment would be appreciated. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Healing

I've realised something- I haven't been too honest with myself. I'm talking about feelings, thoughts, anything that comes to mind. And I haven't been honest with you, too, those on my blog right now. For those that have been reading my blog for the past almost three years, the first year was fun. Pure, innocent, a 13 year old discovering herself, basically. Second year, a tad bit more emotional and personal. A bit of a break from blogging though, and definitely improvements in my writing. Made some friends online, it was fun.
Remember that affiliates linking thing I had? And that little chat box? Unfortunately, because of my content that has evolved through the years, I removed anything that could link people to my blog. Third year, come on. I pretty much stopped blogging for half a year I think, and mainly because I've gotten busy and I stopped trusting my blog. I've been afraid, you know? So afraid of people finding out how I feel and how I think. I don'…

It's my birthday.

I just turned 16 today. Obligatory, I had to write about it. As i've said lots of times, 2016 has been so incredibly busy for me. I think, it's mostly filled with achievements. Oh, and, I just realised i had a draft third blogoversary post that still isn't completed, but lets just forget about it alright? You guys know what i've been up to, so i don't have to repeat them again. I'm 16 now. I created a bank account recently, found a job, have great friends, and i think i'm on my way to realising that a certain someone just isn't worth it anymore. I had much more to write just now, but i've kinda lost the mood a little. I think you'll understand. I'll publish this little thing and update it further on. You'll understand. Excuse the informality.
The third blogoversary is in a few days now, and i honestly don't have much prepared to post because i'm just rotting at home. But since this is merely a life blog, i'm just gonna say some things to my future self.
1. Stop over reacting
2. Stop being so paranoid
3. You know that saying all this won't help with your paranoia, but just calm down.
4. Everything is gonna be fineeee

Anyway, i don't have much left. To be honest, i'm not sure if i've just forgotten that this MY blog and i can post anything i want, but i think i've gotten a little afraid of revealing my feelings. I have all these secrets and everything that are so hard to just express and even tiny things can be hidden through simple questions and i can't even tell people the reasons why i don't want to do this or i don't want to do that. I don't have anything to hide, honestly, but i'm just afraid that whatever i say will be used against me. This also made me feel really gu…