Skip to main content

ARTtire, Girl guides carnival

HELLO MY BABIES!~^v^

HOW'S LIFE GOIN FOR YA?

Technically mine's been a teeny weeny bit more exciting, but it's alright i guess. Hahaha. In the beginning of the year our school had this service learning thing that all classes had to do for some points or something i don't really know/forgot why we were doing this but we just had to. Most of the classes were selling food, some were like collecting used pens and refilling the ink to give it to people who needed it most or whaaat.

My class decided to do this SYF/service learning project where we were supposed to make an attire completely out of recycled materials. Basically our class was split up into a few groups of 5-6 people and each group had to make an attire and if our group was selected, we would have to model it at gardens by the bay in public.

My group made a really lame drawing of our design at first, it was just a plain T-shirt with our school logo on it. It was designed by one of our group members, and in my honest opinion she wasn't very creative. Though when we had to create the attire really out of recycled materials, we had a really hard time thinking about how it was going to look like, and what materials we should use. Since our group wasn't really close to each other in terms of friendship, we didn't really bother about the project or never even talked about it that much.

Well, in the end we left it to the last minute. The day we had to finish the attire before the next when we had to have someone to model it. Actually we also did argue a bit on who should be the model. I mean really, who could rock a clothing completely made out of junk? Unless you're talking about when Lady Gaga wore that garbage bag dress, or when Ke$ha wore it. Daaayyuumm. Actually a lot of celebrities rocked dresses out of junk. Wait, guess what? I'm not a celebrity. How's that even possible then?

So on Thursday after school, our group had a group gathering (not really) and discussed with each other about the materials, and how it was gonna look like. Our first attempt was supposed to be a pretty pink strapped dress made out of newspaper and tape to "laminate" it. We made the dress, but it looked a bit baggy to wear, so in the end we tore the dress in half, keeping the top and making a new bottom for it. We just left the top how it was when we first made it, with some minor adjustments to fit me, painted it black and added some cotton for deco. For the bottoms, we made a too short skirt also made out of newspaper and tape, also with cotton. And then painted it black.

We intentionally wanted to have the dress pink, but we didn't have any pink paint at that time. Only black and some other gross colours. Since black is such an intense colour that might either enhance your colours, or ruin it altogether, not many used it. Having said that, we took most of the black from a group that didn't really use it. As an accessory to add it, we wanted fairy wings. However, unless we were gonna make an evil fairy outfit, we decided to make our attire with a cat theme. Therefore we had cat ears, a cat tail, and black whiskers. In this way, i would be a black cat..with cotton.

In the end, our group spent around two to three hours creating that outfit. It may seem a bit unusual but it turned out better than i expected. Oh and i also modeled it since apparently no one wanted to. Here's some pictures of the attire in the makings and when i was modeling it in class :}

Don't mind my really stiff face or body. Although the cat wand didn't really hold up well but never mind. As you can see.. it kind of looked like an apron. If my group was going to be selected to model it, i would be really, really afraid tbh. Give me your honest opinions, does it look weird on me? xD

But MEH! NEXT TOPIC


Girl guides carnival 2014
As a Girl Guides tradition in Singapore, every year we would have a girl guides carnival at different places depending on your division. I was in west division, thus it was held at Nan Hua High.

Siti, Hui Wen and i met at clementi mall before eating breakfast at mac and then going to Nan Hua High together.
There isn't really much to talk about so i'll let the pictures do the talking ;D

This pic above was when we were at mac. Notmuch to write about
This was before our duty, while Hui Wen and i were waiting for Siti outside with our already done hennas.


This is Hui Wen's one. Nice right? My actual one didn't turn out as nice so i went to another girl to help me do another...the one below
I <3 KIWI if yknow what that means? ;;;)

Annnd after everything we got some balloons and done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healing

I've realised something- I haven't been too honest with myself. I'm talking about feelings, thoughts, anything that comes to mind. And I haven't been honest with you, too, those on my blog right now. For those that have been reading my blog for the past almost three years, the first year was fun. Pure, innocent, a 13 year old discovering herself, basically. Second year, a tad bit more emotional and personal. A bit of a break from blogging though, and definitely improvements in my writing. Made some friends online, it was fun.
Remember that affiliates linking thing I had? And that little chat box? Unfortunately, because of my content that has evolved through the years, I removed anything that could link people to my blog. Third year, come on. I pretty much stopped blogging for half a year I think, and mainly because I've gotten busy and I stopped trusting my blog. I've been afraid, you know? So afraid of people finding out how I feel and how I think. I don'…

It's my birthday.

I just turned 16 today. Obligatory, I had to write about it. As i've said lots of times, 2016 has been so incredibly busy for me. I think, it's mostly filled with achievements. Oh, and, I just realised i had a draft third blogoversary post that still isn't completed, but lets just forget about it alright? You guys know what i've been up to, so i don't have to repeat them again. I'm 16 now. I created a bank account recently, found a job, have great friends, and i think i'm on my way to realising that a certain someone just isn't worth it anymore. I had much more to write just now, but i've kinda lost the mood a little. I think you'll understand. I'll publish this little thing and update it further on. You'll understand. Excuse the informality.
The third blogoversary is in a few days now, and i honestly don't have much prepared to post because i'm just rotting at home. But since this is merely a life blog, i'm just gonna say some things to my future self.
1. Stop over reacting
2. Stop being so paranoid
3. You know that saying all this won't help with your paranoia, but just calm down.
4. Everything is gonna be fineeee

Anyway, i don't have much left. To be honest, i'm not sure if i've just forgotten that this MY blog and i can post anything i want, but i think i've gotten a little afraid of revealing my feelings. I have all these secrets and everything that are so hard to just express and even tiny things can be hidden through simple questions and i can't even tell people the reasons why i don't want to do this or i don't want to do that. I don't have anything to hide, honestly, but i'm just afraid that whatever i say will be used against me. This also made me feel really gu…