Skip to main content

DZG camp

Time really does pass when you're having fun. School is gonna start after tomorrow and it's ironic how my previous post was about me hating the holidays and me being all sad when it was starting. Not that i really had fun though, i didn't hang out with my friends, and all i did was study. No shit it's true. With the EOYs coming so soon i really don't want to waste my time. I can't wait till school starts :P

Anyway, today i had a so called di zi gui camp held in school. It's not really a camp since it was like half a day only but i don't know why they called it a camp. Honestly, it wasn't boring, yet it wasn't entertaining. So SW and i met up at our reg place and then went to school. Then we realised we were too early. We sat at these little chairs outside the general office waiting for more people to come and then finally someone from our class came and we just sat together to chat about stuff. After a while, zhuang lao shi saw us and asked us if we ate already, and so i said i didn't, and we were like eating but we couldn't finish it.

Well then we went up to the hall and there was this long talk by this old teacher and it wasn;t boring. It was terrifyingly nerve-recking. Apparently the old teacher lecturing us were those teachers that would pick out random people to answer her questions so i was like so scared and hid behind yansong the whole time lol.
It makes me so pissed off that the teacher thinks were still at that age where we don't really have a mind of our own and depend on our elders for advice and basically everything. She treated us as if we were primary school children that would listen to whatever an adult would say whether it be greeting people or basic mannerism. We DO listen, it's not that we don't know all this basic courtesy and etiquette. It's just that because were living in a society where a lot of people are very ill-mannered and we adapt. It's not like in the old days where you see your parents and you greet them and bow. Though if you do, then good for you.

Now, in this society a greeting to our parents is already enough. She had this mind where she thinks that after her long lecture we would walk out of school as changed people. Life DOES NOT work that way. If it did, won't we be really gullible then? I mean i know that doing all this "respecting your elders" thing is polite and respectful but we don't need a long lecture about doing it. We already know what it is, how it is, how to do it, and having someone lecture you about it for a tiring one and a half hour, it's boring.

If i have offended you in any way throughout this blogpost, then i sincerely apologise because i am mainly speaking in my point of view.


Anyway, i'm done and look at some of these pics

Bc sw and i are bffs :P



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2017

Two years of inconsistent blogging. I love blogging, I truly do. There's something about putting feelings and emotions into sentences that really appeal to me. Forgive me, in advance. I won't be blogging very much in the next few months, maybe years, probably, until I have time to sit down and just let it all out. I'm not saying that i'm quitting, but I merely do not have the time for it and it isn't one of my priorities at the moment. I'm working on myself, through academics, art, my social life(?). If it's necessary for you to be updated on how i'm doing, Twitter's the way to go. Everything's there.

Ugh, anyone else sensing that tension and disconnection between you and I? Gosh, I need to "up" my mood a little. HOW'S IT GOING? Life's been great for ya? It's 2017 and I'll be 17 this year. It's freaky how I'm almost considered a young adult when I barely feel like a teenager. I guess that's the scary part of…

Self-Worth

She showed me the importance of individuality. How okay it is to just stick out at certain edges or corners or curves that maybe others can't appreciate. That it's perfectly fine to be bursting with energy that people outright assume it as immaturity, or to have such strong emotions that overflow and fill cracks and openings all around, because that is what makes us individuals. 

update

Pretty late. I am really late. I haven't blogged in such a long time that honestly, it doesn't cross my mind often. This'll be just a short update, i guess.

The usual, school's been stressful. Art, other subjects and stuff. I am thankful that i'm able to handle the stress in a positive manner, most of the time. My health hasn't been really good lately. My knees were awful, they kept hurting and cracking and i had to see a doctor-two, actually. One knee was injured due to an old injury and the other was misaligned with the rest of my leg. Troubling, huh? That was during the first two months of 2017. About a month later, my throat got inflamed, i had a bad throat ulcer infection and it was so difficult to even swallow saliva. Lymph nodes enlarged a whole lot, too. Next month, eye stye. Not so much of a problem, but my lower eyelid grew a stye and the upper lid swelled. Healed afterwards, but currently I have another swollen eyelid. Gross. Kinda makes it hard to o…