Skip to main content

Sleep paralysis

As the year is coming to a close in just less than two months, i decided to cover a topic that I've been facing for most of this year. Sleep paralysis. So this problem I'm facing right now has affected me quite a lot actually. I don't think i would have it last year, or even before that. It just started happening a lot this year.

I remember it starting off as a once every two months thing, but then it started happening about five times a month, then soon it got to three times a week, now its becoming almost five times a night. I can't even sleep without sliding into sleep paralysis consecutively. It's really been affecting my sleep schedule, and most of the times i wake up with a horrible headache. Just a side note, sleep paralysis can sometimes be really scary. Sometimes i wake up feeling really numb from the "nightmare", and try to fall asleep again, but i end up repeating the same cycle of my mind being awake but I'm paralysed. It gets super irritating and scary to the point where i have to stay awake for a while, wash my face, and sleep with my mum.

It's not even lucid dreaming, i can't control shit. I just open my eyes, i know where i am, the way my body is positioned, i just see everything as per normal. But i can't move. I'm literally paralysed. I think i can open and close my eyes though, and lately it's become so frustrating to the point where i just give up fighting. I used to constantly try and move my way out of this "dream", but it never works. It just makes your body feel really numb, and fighting it does not help one bit. The only way i managed to wake up is to just stop whatever I'm doing, close my eyes, and wait for time to pass till i wake up.


Unlike most people who have covered on this topic, no, i have not met any ghosts or demons, at least i don't think so, but there was one time where i woke up seeing a girl sleeping next to me but facing the other side. I'm thinking that was a lucid dream because i thought that girl was me and that i was having an OOB (Out Of Body) experience, so i "flew" my way into her. What happened next was, i could feel someone choking my neck from behind.

Sleep paralysis has been happening so frequently that i think I've gotten used to it a little, i stopped being so scared, because i know what it is and that its just in my sleep, but i gotta admit its really annoying.

The reason i posted this is because i kind of desperately want help. I don't want help on how to wake up from it, i want tips on how to prevent this sort of thing from happening. So if any of you have any tips, please please comment or contact me. Thankss :))

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healing

I've realised something- I haven't been too honest with myself. I'm talking about feelings, thoughts, anything that comes to mind. And I haven't been honest with you, too, those on my blog right now. For those that have been reading my blog for the past almost three years, the first year was fun. Pure, innocent, a 13 year old discovering herself, basically. Second year, a tad bit more emotional and personal. A bit of a break from blogging though, and definitely improvements in my writing. Made some friends online, it was fun.
Remember that affiliates linking thing I had? And that little chat box? Unfortunately, because of my content that has evolved through the years, I removed anything that could link people to my blog. Third year, come on. I pretty much stopped blogging for half a year I think, and mainly because I've gotten busy and I stopped trusting my blog. I've been afraid, you know? So afraid of people finding out how I feel and how I think. I don'…

It's my birthday.

I just turned 16 today. Obligatory, I had to write about it. As i've said lots of times, 2016 has been so incredibly busy for me. I think, it's mostly filled with achievements. Oh, and, I just realised i had a draft third blogoversary post that still isn't completed, but lets just forget about it alright? You guys know what i've been up to, so i don't have to repeat them again. I'm 16 now. I created a bank account recently, found a job, have great friends, and i think i'm on my way to realising that a certain someone just isn't worth it anymore. I had much more to write just now, but i've kinda lost the mood a little. I think you'll understand. I'll publish this little thing and update it further on. You'll understand. Excuse the informality.
The third blogoversary is in a few days now, and i honestly don't have much prepared to post because i'm just rotting at home. But since this is merely a life blog, i'm just gonna say some things to my future self.
1. Stop over reacting
2. Stop being so paranoid
3. You know that saying all this won't help with your paranoia, but just calm down.
4. Everything is gonna be fineeee

Anyway, i don't have much left. To be honest, i'm not sure if i've just forgotten that this MY blog and i can post anything i want, but i think i've gotten a little afraid of revealing my feelings. I have all these secrets and everything that are so hard to just express and even tiny things can be hidden through simple questions and i can't even tell people the reasons why i don't want to do this or i don't want to do that. I don't have anything to hide, honestly, but i'm just afraid that whatever i say will be used against me. This also made me feel really gu…