Skip to main content

Healing

I've realised something- I haven't been too honest with myself. I'm talking about feelings, thoughts, anything that comes to mind. And I haven't been honest with you, too, those on my blog right now. For those that have been reading my blog for the past almost three years, the first year was fun. Pure, innocent, a 13 year old discovering herself, basically. Second year, a tad bit more emotional and personal. A bit of a break from blogging though, and definitely improvements in my writing. Made some friends online, it was fun.

Remember that affiliates linking thing I had? And that little chat box? Unfortunately, because of my content that has evolved through the years, I removed anything that could link people to my blog. Third year, come on. I pretty much stopped blogging for half a year I think, and mainly because I've gotten busy and I stopped trusting my blog. I've been afraid, you know? So afraid of people finding out how I feel and how I think. I don't like being honest about feelings very much, and I have grown to become more secretive when it comes to emotional thoughts. In a bad way though, it's made me seem more asshole-like. I couldn't answer simple "why" questions because of so many reasons. It's bothering me, too. 

I know that writing is always healing me. I haven't stopped. I've just been relying on different sources for the time being. And I hope you know, whoever that cares out there, that I need time to open up and it's not going to be so easy knowing me. It's not the cliché "I have trust issues, I'm complicated" kind of thing, but I'll be fine. 

Another thought that has also been bothering me lately, is that what if this is all because of my teenage hormones getting out of hand? Maybe I'm just weirdly emotional because I'm on my period. I need to start believing that I will be okay. Everything will be fine as long as I am honest with myself. I am happy, I think. People always tell you to live in the present and not the past or future. But how would you live in the present knowing that your future is going to have an effect on your present, and how your present is basically your future at this moment? I am happy, I think. No, not now. I'm getting emotional. I'm being paranoid. Is this paranoia real though? Maybe if I'll admit and be honest with myself about what's happening, it won't just be "paranoia" anymore. 

Anyway, because of the kind of content I've been publishing lately, I've been wondering if I should make my blog private. It's a really hard decision actually. Because I really enjoyed sharing my life with all of you out there, especially in the first year, but I'm not exactly sure if the content I publish now is something I want to reveal. It's strangely addicting, publishing some emotional, personal thoughts in public and wondering who reads them. And there's a huge adrenaline rush knowing that I sort of "vented" to someone already. But at the same time, I'm not sure if that's such a good idea. 

In addition with writing, I've always thought drawing was my main talent and I'd be able to help myself with it. Well, I've come to realise that, no, even though I can draw well(well, I think so), it's been pretty artificial. Artificial, I mean by drawing whatever you give to me as long as there is a photo reference or something I can draw from. Imagination? I do try, but not so much. Writing has always helped me much more than drawing has. I don't have an exceptional way with words, or superb, flowery vocabulary, but it's something I really treasure. I love drawing, of course. I do get upset when I don't get my little "drawing fix", and drawing does help me when I want to refresh a memory, but it's hard to express myself through my drawings. I know that it's much more than mere lines on a piece of paper. There's shading, tone, use of colour, emotions, and energy all put into it, and there's so much to that, but it hasn't always worked for me. Drawing is incredible. It really is. But writing has really brought wonders to my life the way colours and tone really can't. Sometimes, there's always so much to a black and white painting. The lack of colour doesn't mean that the tone, shading, or work put into it isn't good as a full colour painting.

With that said, wow. I really love writing. The amount of appreciation I have for language, words, and letters being invented is huge. It's incredible how writing doesn't just bring my thoughts to life, but it emphasises and puts it all out onto simple letters, words, phrases and sentences. It's amazing, really. Isn't it interesting how these letters say so much? How they're just thoughts and emotions poured out in different ways. The curve of a lower case "a". The perfect repetition of connecting lines angled in a "w". Maybe this is art. 


Anyway, this was great. A little venting and some personal thoughts here and there. I'll try to do this more often.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2017

Two years of inconsistent blogging. I love blogging, I truly do. There's something about putting feelings and emotions into sentences that really appeal to me. Forgive me, in advance. I won't be blogging very much in the next few months, maybe years, probably, until I have time to sit down and just let it all out. I'm not saying that i'm quitting, but I merely do not have the time for it and it isn't one of my priorities at the moment. I'm working on myself, through academics, art, my social life(?). If it's necessary for you to be updated on how i'm doing, Twitter's the way to go. Everything's there.

Ugh, anyone else sensing that tension and disconnection between you and I? Gosh, I need to "up" my mood a little. HOW'S IT GOING? Life's been great for ya? It's 2017 and I'll be 17 this year. It's freaky how I'm almost considered a young adult when I barely feel like a teenager. I guess that's the scary part of…

Self-Worth

She showed me the importance of individuality. How okay it is to just stick out at certain edges or corners or curves that maybe others can't appreciate. That it's perfectly fine to be bursting with energy that people outright assume it as immaturity, or to have such strong emotions that overflow and fill cracks and openings all around, because that is what makes us individuals. 

update

Pretty late. I am really late. I haven't blogged in such a long time that honestly, it doesn't cross my mind often. This'll be just a short update, i guess.

The usual, school's been stressful. Art, other subjects and stuff. I am thankful that i'm able to handle the stress in a positive manner, most of the time. My health hasn't been really good lately. My knees were awful, they kept hurting and cracking and i had to see a doctor-two, actually. One knee was injured due to an old injury and the other was misaligned with the rest of my leg. Troubling, huh? That was during the first two months of 2017. About a month later, my throat got inflamed, i had a bad throat ulcer infection and it was so difficult to even swallow saliva. Lymph nodes enlarged a whole lot, too. Next month, eye stye. Not so much of a problem, but my lower eyelid grew a stye and the upper lid swelled. Healed afterwards, but currently I have another swollen eyelid. Gross. Kinda makes it hard to o…